1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow moves real slow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by thesnowman269, Dec 8, 2010.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

my Boss has a new v plow when ever he goes to move the plow it makes a horrible whinning noise and moves extremely slow. the fluid is full. we cant figure it out, and its snowing like crazy

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of plow is it and how new is it??

You say "move the plow". Do you mean "angle the plow left or right" or " up or down"?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Sounds like the pump is toast, if not the motor.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

or something

5. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Honestly i dont many specific on it. Its a 2010 western 8.5 v thats all i know. it moves slow in every direction and makes a horrible noise when moving

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

2010.....geez, that sucks. Remind him that it's under warranty. Unless you guys are knee deep in snow, don't waste your time with it.

Chances are it's the pickup tube, but it also could be a defective motor or pump. If he is desperate to fix it on his own, I would start with a pressure test, then pull apart the reservoir in hopes to find the pickup tube off.

Otherwise, take it to the dealer and forget about it.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pump pickup missing, O-ring under the pump missing or blown, defective motor or bad pump bushing.

Only because it's new doesn't mean it was built or manufactured correctly. Not in this day and age at least.

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

could also be half full of water after sitting all summer and now it is frozen. do you keep it inside now that it is cold? try warming the plow up in the garage and see if it works then.