1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mounts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by killed300ex, Dec 4, 2005.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Wondering if you m/m ears on the front of my truck were strong enough to pull from? I would think they are but wanted a second opinion. I would use them to tow stuck vehicles or me if i got stuck?
    thanks
    Evan

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

They probably would be strong enough, but they are designed for pushing not pulling on them.

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have done it and it worked fine buy following these rules.

First off in the hole, only use a shackle (also known as a D-ring) so you don't oblong or mar the pin hole.

Second don't pull at an angle so you don't bent the mounting ears in or out.

You should be OK.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I second that I have done it plenty of times, but observe Yaz's advice or odds are not in your favor.

5. killed300ex

sounds good tahnks for the replies. I thought that it would be ok to pull from hadnt thought about bending an ear though very good point
    Evan

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Evan.. Where are you in NH?

7. killed300ex

I live in Rochester NH. What about you?