1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mounts

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by killed300ex, Jun 9, 2005.

1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

I have a 96 ram 2500 with the 7700 gvw. My plow mounts seem the sit really low, alot lower than the dodge ram 2500 with the 8500 gvw were they seem to tuck up under the bumper which sits higher anyways. I am always bottoming out. I was wondering if there was anything i could do to change my mounts to sit like the hd 2500's? If this is hard to understand let me know and i can get pictures.
    Thanks
    Evan

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Evan,

What brand plow mount do you have? There is adjustment in some mounts but not all.

3. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

sry it is for a fisher mm1
    evan

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Same mount for both trucks. A 2500 is a 2500 is a 2500- the only differences are the springs, axles, and drivetrain- everything else is the same. The difference MAY be an airdam on one and not on yours, or something similar. You need Timbrins or replacement springs for the bottom-out issue.
    It is possible you have an earlier generation MM1 mount. Fisher changes things continousily.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

There is no changing of the height in a fisher MM1 mount, check the springs on the truck.