1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mounts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SharpBlades, Aug 13, 2010.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I just picked up a 7.5' MM2 blade that will be going on a half ton as a "backup" to my 2500hd. I am going to be getting an xtreme v for my 2500hd. Is the truckside mount the same for each blade?

I just want to know so maybe I can get the wiring on the 2500 to operate the small blade.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the plows will fit either mount. However to run the straight blade on the XV equipped truck you'll also need half of the straight blades three plug system installed in addition to the two plug the XV will use and then manually connect/disconnect them as you need to swap between the two plows.

Just one of the downsides to DD's wiring design....no interchangeability between the three plug and two plug multiplex wiring systems. :rolleyes: