1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mounts on gmt800 chevys

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by squeaky3, Feb 16, 2014.

1. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

So im thinking about putting a plow on my 03 duramax for next year after all the snow we had this year

My question is what plow mounts require the least amount of cutting of the valance/bumper to make them fit?
  2. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

On an '03 I wouldn't think a lot of cutting would be involved for most set-ups.

IIRC, I don't think your lower front end area is all that much different than my 98's.

When my Sno-Way was installed, they removed the tow-hooks, and the thin skid-plate that was there primarily for aerodynamics.

Nothing else was "cut."

If you have a full-width plastic valance under your steel bumper, they may have to either notch, or remove it entirely depending upon what plow you select.

If you can, post a pic of your trucks lower bumper area...It may help in ascertaining what may need to be done. My memory has proven to be suspect at times.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

On my 04 with Fisher mounts it is cut, but all of the other 2500HDs of the generation I see haven't been cut(GMCs at least)
  4. DStrabb

DStrabb Member
    from MI

When I had my 04 I didn't have to cut anything for my Boss.