1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mounts for 2004 Rubicon.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by penberth, Jun 9, 2004.

1. penberth

penberth Member

I contacted Meyer regarding getting a plow mount for a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon as I have a Meyer tmp6.5 already. They said they don't make one. Anyone know if a regular 2004 Wrangler mount would fit? Basically a Rubicon is just a regular Wrangler with some differences under the covers.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

maybe sell the blade and go with a fisher or western set up

3. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Yes, a Rubicon is no different from a regular TJ. Only problem is you wont be able to plow in low range because its to low! You'll be working you trans pretty hard plowing in high range.

And what do you want to plow with a rubicon for!!! The plow carrige kinda gets in the way while four wheeling. That is why you bought the Jeep right?

4. penberth

penberth Member

Yeah, I would be buying it for four wheeling. But I heard someone else with a Rubicon say that his Western mount comes off in about 15 minutes. On my 2000 Cherokee, it takes all day to take it off since it sits behind the bumper.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they have hummers and land rovers that never see off road conditions and its to bad you cant throw a plow on a land rover they make a good little plow truck