1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Mounting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dodgethis0103, Dec 25, 2004.

1. dodgethis0103

dodgethis0103 Junior Member

I just purchased a Snoway MT plow for my Ram and am debating whether to install it myself or not. It cost 300 to get them to do it and it has a wireless controller. Any input or advise would be appriciated.

2. cc2004

cc2004 Member

$300.00? Let them do it.If you have a business and it is doing ok(i hope)
    Then you probably spend more than that on lunch and dinner during the week.

Let them do it so it will hopefully work and if not you can go back and tell them to fix it.

I have a guy that fixes our trucks.I do not get under our trucks(anymore) for anything.And i'll tell ya,i'm not jok'in they better be right.

-------------------
    Scottsville ny

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

if you have the time and are short on money do it your self. that way you will know where everything is if something goes wrong.
    If you are real busy and have the money pay to get it done. there is alot of work involved IMHO the worst part is drilling the holes in the frame. (some plows dont require any drilling)

4. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

I did mine myself it took 8hrs. It is true the hardest part is drilling through the frame. All in all it wasn't that bad.