1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Mounting with Aftermarket Bumper

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BearClaw, Jan 9, 2013.

1. BearClaw

BearClaw Junior Member

Hello,

I run a small side business building aftermarket bumpers mainly for 3/4 and 1 ton GM vehicles. I have had several requests by customers asking for me to make my bumper mounts/ bumper to work with a Boss snowplow. I have found diagrams showing the plow mount undercarriage and my bumper mounting system works with the plow undercarriage. I am hoping somebody could post up some pictures of a plow mounted on a 03-07 GM 3/4 or 1 ton truck. I would like to get a better idea of where the pins are in respect to the frame/ bumper.
    Also if somebody could help me out with some measurements it would be very appreciated. Basically I need to know where the mounting holes are relative to the frame of the vehicle. A couple measurements straight out from the tow hook hole and straight up would be what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help. Here are a couple pics of some of the bumpers I have made:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I cant help much with the plow situation, but the bumpers look like they stick out too far, they'd get in the way of the headgear. Nice bumpers btw

3. BearClaw

BearClaw Junior Member

I should have mentioned that. The bumper itself stays within the envelope of the stock bumper. It shouldn't stick out any further than the stock bumper does in most places. My main concern is the bottom edge.
    Also, I do realize the pin locations are adjustable up and down. I am guessing, if adjusted all the way down it would clear the bottom edge of the bumper. I need to know how high it is when adjusted all the way up to make sure it clear here also.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you have a client that has a boss plow and wants a custom bumper just have him bring the plow with so you can make it work. Tell them you have never mounted a bumper on a truck with a plow so you want to make sure it fits before making one for his truck and then it doesn't fit.

5. BearClaw

BearClaw Junior Member

Normally that is what I would do but he is currently deployed over seas. He wants the bumpers ready to install on his truck next time he is home.

6. SVM1

SVM1 Junior Member

Did he take the truck with him?

7. BearClaw

BearClaw Junior Member

Basically yes.

8. 03fordboss

03fordboss Member
    from Iowa

15 1/2" to the middle of the holes with a v plow.

9. BearClaw

BearClaw Junior Member

These are the basic measurements I am looking for. It would also be helpful to know the distance across the mount. The measurements I need would be on a 03-10 Chevy or GMC 2500HD or 3500HD truck.

[​IMG]

Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. Can you build one for a 08 superduty

11. BearClaw

BearClaw Junior Member

Right now I do not have a bumper designed for that model truck. I am hoping to start working on that model this spring.

12. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

IN order for the plow to mount properly and perform properly the height of the mounting holes must remain within specs. roughly 15 1/2" on a "V" therefore that can not be adjusted. If the truck was lifted etc. the distance between the bottom of the bumper and the mounting holes could change but the the height of the holes needs to stay within specs.