1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Mounting Questions (Fisher MM)

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by eyebrowski, Nov 10, 2009.

1. eyebrowski

eyebrowski Junior Member

I have a used Fisher Minute Mount plow receiver that I am mounting on my '97 2500. How does the receiver bolt to the passenger frame rail? The mounting holes are not tapped and terminate in the frame rail so I can't see getting a nut on it. The driver side is straight forward using the steering box bolts except for the 3rd bolt which is the same as the passenger side issue. I don't have the original hardware so I am a little lost.

2. Jack33

Jack33 Junior Member
    from NH

Fisher sells a nut with a steel bar welded on it. You hold onto the bar so you can reach the hole with the nut. You can make your own if you have a welder. Go to Fishers web site. Pictures, part numbers, and hardware sizes are all clearly listed in the parts and installation section.

3. eyebrowski

eyebrowski Junior Member

Thanks, P/N 8879 for the archives.