1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mounting question

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Zach, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Zach

Zach Senior Member

I found a good deal on a lightly used Eagle snow plow. With full mounting equip (push tubes, etc.) The guy said he will throw in the mounting plate from is Yamaha ATV... but I have a honda recon. Will this plate fit?? can I make it fit?? if not, hoiw much does a mounting plate cost and where can I find one?

2. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

$35-$40 new plate,:D:D

3. Zach

Zach Senior Member

damn........

4. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

but you would most likely only have to drill new holes in the yamaha plate.

5. Zach

Zach Senior Member

Im okay with that!

6. Zach

Zach Senior Member

What are the main differences? cant be dramatic?

7. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

It all depends on how big the frame is on the other quad, but for the most part it shouldn't be to big of a difference, but then again who knows.:cool:

8. Zach

Zach Senior Member

Only one way to find out!purplebou

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have a honda rubicon plate under my quad. the guy before me had it on there. he had to weld wings on it to make it wider. and I also had to drill a hole in the plate for the engine oil drain plug. here are some pics of it under the quad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hondarecon4435

if it is to skinny for the recon frame you could mount it on another steel plate that is bigger and cut the second plate to the size you need.

11. Zach

Zach Senior Member

alrighty.... as for the oil drain hole, Im not gonna leave the plate on year-round, my honda needs all the clearence it can get :D:D:D

12. hondarecon4435

yea i wish plow mounts didn't take away any clearence because i am always having to take the mount on and off to ride which is a huge pain

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

my quad had 12inches of clearance stock. I put a 2 inch lift on it. so it has 14 inches now. then about inch when my mud tires are on. so I am good.

14. Zach

Zach Senior Member

You'd think they would make mounting tabs that go above the fraim rails...