1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mounting for a truck with a lift help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by CCSmaint, Jul 31, 2016.

1. CCSmaint

CCSmaint Junior Member

I need help figuring out if a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500 with a 6 inch suspension lift is to high for a plow. All my other trucks are either stock height or leveling kits. I'm looking at hanging a fisher on this truck. It also has 35 inch tires with 18 inch rims.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

6inch lift for 35's????

You need to go on Fisher websites
  3. CCSmaint

CCSmaint Junior Member

No The truck has a 6 inch lift sitting on 35s. I can't find any info if the plow will work on that truck or not. Hoping to see if anyone is plowing with lifted trucks and what they had to do in order to make it work
  4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Oh. This is gonna be good.
  5. jdsquire

jdsquire Member

I'm sure anything is possible with some fab work. I'd stop at a good dealer that does installs with the truck and ask.
  6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't that lift make it as high as a common ford?
  7. CCSmaint

CCSmaint Junior Member

Yea it's about the same. At least when I look out my back window the tow strap is level
    Philbilly2 likes this.
  8. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

"Can it be done"? Yes. "Is it the right tool for the job"? Probably not.
  9. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Your taking all the fun outa this.
  10. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

True dat...
  11. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

12. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Searching is your friend! You have few issues to keep in mind. You are giving yourself a larger blind spot in front of the truck and if your tires are wider, reducing traction. You'll be "OK" as long as its not a V which will be more difficult to get the a-frame level in all positions like it should be.

See this thread for a pic of what you need fabbed to the a-frame:

There are plenty of other examples you can find, that one is very beefy.
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Running a V on a lifted truck shouldn't be any harder then a straight blade. All blades (V, straight, expanding, etc) work best when the A-Frame is level with the ground.
    Sawboy likes this.
  14. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Easy as pie. Just have to modify the A frame. I did this with a straight blade and also an extreme v. Leave the truck side alone.