1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mount

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CSC Contracting, Aug 5, 2010.

1. CSC Contracting

CSC Contracting Senior Member

Will the Meyer mount off my 2001 gmc 1500 fit on my 2004 gmc 1500. Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

EZ-Classic mount? MDII/EZ-Plus?

3. CSC Contracting

EZ Classic mount. Thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on which of three mount series (17110 and 17118) the '01 is equipped with whether it will work correctly on the '04. There were two mount designs for 99-02 only and then the last revised mount (17138) that will fit 99-07 all. All three will physically attach but the first two designs do not protrude forward far enough for the '04's bumper thus causing lift frame to bumper clearance problems. But a few selective checks with a tape measure will tell you if you have a 17110/17118 or the later one size fits all 17138 mount, thus if you'll have the needed clearance.

And I'll bet you thought it was a yes or no question. :D

5. CSC Contracting

Yes you would think it would be a yes or no. Do you know how many inches the clearance is off by? Is it possible to drill another hole in the hoop to make it work? Thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't say what the measurement differences are as I've never written them down specifically but you have a mount, both trucks and likely a tape measure so you have everything needed to find out.

And no I don't recommend trying to re position the lift frame further out the receiver tubes as it adds greatly to the load on the mount. Meyer could have done the same thing by simply lengthening the receiver tubes but knew it wasn't a smart idea...rather the mount was revised instead.