1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Mount Wanted. 1990 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Skip584, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Skip584

Skip584 Junior Member

Can anyone help me......Please......I am looking for a used lower mount for a conventional fisher plow. My truck is a 1990 Chevy 1500 or 2500LD it is 6lug. I am looking for a used lower mount or even just the pushplates. I have a mount that came off of an older chevy but it was torched off before I got it. If anyone knows anyone. I would like to find a set. Thanks

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Keep checking on ebay, there is often a fair amount of plow parts on there, but it my take a while, I havent seen many 88-98 chevys with a conventional fisher, most have the minute mount set up.

3. Skip584

Skip584 Junior Member

I'm new to fisher plows. I live in Boss country. We see a fair amount of Meyers and some westerns. Fisher plows are pretty rare where I am at so I don't know alot about them. What is the difference between a conventional plow and a minute mount. I know that the minute mount lift part stays with the plow. I guess what I am asking is would I be better off $$wise to try to convert this over to that style of mount or is this even possible.?

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

a conventional mount keeps the lift arm and lift assembly on the truck all the time, while the mm takes all headgear, A-Frame and blade come off the truck. The early minute mounts still had the hydraulic pump under the hood and had two quick disconnect hydraulic lines. Next came the first electric/hydraulic unit where the pump, lift arm, and hydro resevior was all one unit on the plow A-Frame run off of the truck by two electical connections. Then came the Insta Act pump, same concept as the one before it except the resevior, lift arm, and pump were seperate units and were run by a three plug setup off of the truck.

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Skip, and welcome! Glad you were introduced to Fisher first, as they have superior products. Don't know if this is an option, but a welding shop could be what you need to fabricate up the new mounts for pieces you have already.