1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount too high?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Cooter24, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Is there somewhere I can download a copy of the installation instructions for my Hiniker C-plow? I purchased the truck used with the plow and have a feeling that the mount may be too high. When the blade is fully angled only the leading edge scrapes the pavement, same when angled either direction. This I believe is causing the ends on my cutting edge to wear faster thus compounding the problem. It is also difficult to remove. I have to push and wiggle it off the first inch or two then I can back out of the mounts and the plow will drop and not sit level. Almost forgot the plow is mounted to a 01 F-250 reg cab long bed.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Even there installation manual is vague at this point.

"Prongs from the truck mount should be at a height that will slightly lift the plow frame when attaching the plow. prong receivers on the plow frame should be parallel to the ground."

:rolleyes:Thats a lot of help.......

what I did with mine is..
    I put the jack about half way down then drive the truck up to it like your going to mount it but stop just short and see if you are at the right hight.

It sounds like your mount is to hight....

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Quote out of my Hiniker install manual for my 8' straight and 9' scoop:

"Bottom edges of the prongs should measure about 10 inches above the ground. Ideally, the prongs should lift the plow frame slightly when driving into the plow."

I would assume its the same for a C-plow. Hope that helps some.

Have you tried putting a couple pieces of wood under the blade when taking it off? I hear that helps. I have never had an issue with any of our trucks though. Just drive into them, give them a nudge and flip the lock lever.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes:You must have the revised manual.....
    Mine doesn't give any measurements...;)

5. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Thanks for the info.

6. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

I have to thank you as well. I was having problems hookin my plow up myself. Went outside to check the forks and I was at 13" to the tips. Lowered the forks to their lowest mount holes and set the stand to a hole 2" lower and it slid right in first try. Height really messes with the plow pocket alignment. I'll check the edge wear to see if it starts wearing straighter now as well. It had a slight curve to it where it was starting to wear more at the ends.
    Here's to you! :drinkup:

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Not a problem, I just installed three of them so I was up on the that info :D .