1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount scraps

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by qualitycut, Nov 14, 2010.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Once and a while my plow mount will scrape on the driveways when I am pulling in. Just wondering if there are any ideas on how to fix that. Its on a 10 ford 350

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Leveling kit for the front end.

3. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

X2 for the leveling kit. Timbrens work well, are maintenance free, last, and keep the ride the same. Also one of the cheapest options. Check if you have some of the mount that can be trimmed away, (under the bottom bolts on the vertical support's) On one of our trucks, an F250, we had an extra set of holes under the bolts (the vertical mount plates extended lower than the horizontal cross member), we trimed the vertical support even with the cross member's vertical mounting surface. Of course it goes without saying, make sure you don't jeprodize the strength of the cross member by altering its mount or trimming away too much.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

What plow are you running and what spring package do you have?

5. qualitycut

9-2 boss V, also having problems with the corners of the plow scarping when in full V. The cross-member isn't at the suggested 15 1-2 inch mark. I had to lower down one hole as the plow would get caught up when trying to take off the plow. What do mean by spring set up? Truck has plow package if that is what you are referring to. It has coil springs.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I never run a V with it V'd all the way back because it will sometimes scrape

7. qualitycut

I don't either I just was wondering if its common on other peoples plow as Im tryying to figure out if my plow is to low.

8. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Mine scrapes in full V too..........no biggie.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't have needed to lower the mount. If it's not at least close to the recommended height that's why it and the wing tips are dragging. Sounds more like the plow side isn't set up correctly. Trip springs set too loose and/or the center bumper is way out of adjustment. Going to bet it won't set the wings flat on the ground in all positions too.

You need to start over....