1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mount question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RhinoL&L, Jan 28, 2007.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

hey I am thinking about getting a plow for my f150 and i have heard you have to take of the plastic valance to install it. Is there any way to leave it on and have the mount installed. I need your help guys. Anything helps thanks shawn

2. depending on what plow you're getting, the valence might only have to be cut just a little and may not even be visible. I have seen a silverado that removes his during the winter so I guess you could get away with doing that.

3. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

meyer

i think i would get the meyer ez mount classic with the st 7.5 hope this helps. I would like to keep the valance on if i can. Any info helps. thanks shawn

4. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

I looked at my bumper and it looks like the plastic part goes up between the 2 pieces of the frame. there also are 2 holes in the plastic part where tow hooks are and they are bolted to the frame. Thought this might help you guys tell me if it needs to be taken off or if there is a way for me to leave it on or just cut it a little. I need your help guys. Any info helps. thanks shawn