1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TPC Services, Jan 17, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I now have a 8' straight blade poly. I'm now thinking a v plow will be a better fit for the jobs I have, if I get a 8' 2" v plow can I still use the same mount thats on the truck for the 8' for the v plow instead of having to by a hole new mount? Also would I have to change the harness for the blade and the control around too?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, you can use your current mount as long as you stay with the same series of mounting design.In other word's if your mount is an RTIII,you can attach any RTIII style plow,straight or V. :)

3. TPC Services

would I have to change the harness and blade for the hand control also because of the added directions

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you already have the 13 pin (smart hitch 2) harness then all you'd have to change is the controller.

5. TPC Services

sweet thanks,
    I am going back and forth between selling my straight and buying a V or putting wings on the straight I have a few town home jobs that are pains because the roads are very narrow and the drives are on both sides and i'm having to spend a lot of time working the pile down.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say the V would be perfect for that job.Their narrow enough in the V position and they'll carry snow more efficiently than a straight blade.If fund's are tight right now you might want to look into a set of mega scoop's for your straight blade.Their very nice for transporting snow in confined area's like townhouses.

7. TPC Services

are they a knock off of boss's wings that go on the ends ofthe plows, and where can I find them?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mega scoops stick straight forward,making the plow into a "box plow" I have a set that I made myself and have used them for 2 season's now (not counting this one, if it ever come's) They work great for moving snow around in small area's where you can't just windrow the snow to the side. Here's a link to the store bought one's...http://www.rustrepair.com/SNOW_PLOW_PARTS/onlinecat.htm?r=sn&p=SN-ACC-AC.SCOOP