1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PlowTeam5, Nov 18, 2010.

1. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

So I put on my new Boss super duty 7.6" plow today. My truck is lifted with the torsion bars. I think it is all the way up. So I had to lower the bracket that the plow hooks into. My question is this, the part of the front bracket that bolts to the back brace, I could only use 2 bolts instead of 4 cause of having to lower it. The front bracket has 4 bolts on the front part close to the plow but only 2 where it hooks in the middle. Will this be ok? If the question is to confusing I cant take pics. I just dont want the mount falling off when plowing. ussmileyflag

2. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

are you talking about where the frame bolts together in the middle? four holes up and down?

3. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Yes. I was only able to put 1 bolt per side there. It calls for 2 but seeing as I had to lower my front bracket I could only get 1 in there.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So you only have one bolt on each side connecting the rear thruster arms to the truck frame? If that is correct NO that is not acceptable. you need to lower your truck or modify your mount but you will do serious damage if you use it the way it is.

5. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Ok, yeah thats pretty much how it is right now. I will look into seeing if I cant lower the truck without the tires rubbing.

6. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

:eek:Wow that's a accident waiting to happen! You must have your torsion bars all the way up. It must be setting on the upper contol arm stops and cv axles maxed. Let it down and install the mount the correct way, you will be much happier.

7. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

what size tires are you running?

8. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

what size tires are you running?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  9. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

Well I bought it used and it had the torsion bars raised up. Its also has a 275/75/16 nitto grappler tire. I will lower them back down tomorrow and see about getting the plow mount right. I am trying to get my angle of attack right on the plow.

10. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

what is the push beam height at this time?

11. PlowTeam5

PlowTeam5 Senior Member

16 inches from the ground to the locking pin holes. When I installed it using all the bolts it was 18 inches from the ground to the holes hence why I lowered the bracket down.

12. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

you need to get it to 16 " from the ground to the center of the pin hole.If your cutting edge is around 6" this should get you close to level.