1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mount ID

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m.$terner, Nov 1, 2015.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

can anybody id this mount by model number. cant make out the number on the sticker. Its from a buddy of mines truck which i believe was a 06 or possibly 07 gmc 2500HD pickup 4x4. if it was a 07 it was a classic body style truck (GMT800). Im looking to buy the whole set-up but cant verify wether this will fit 99-06/07 or just 03-07. Some of these only fit the 99-02 or 03-07 styles and some fit 99-07. Without the mount number I dont know how to tell.any help?

[​IMG]

2. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

3. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Looks to be a 17139. If any of the other pieces have a part number, you can check Meyer's website under support and look at the instructions for the mount and it should list the individual part numbers for each piece. Here's the link for the 17139:
    http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-800 R3.pdf

4. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

The 17139 will fit 99-07 classic body 2500/3500. The 17120 will only fit 99-02.

5. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Ill ave to check the side brackets and see if their is a part number on it. i think the one still had the sticker on it, but i thought a few numbers were worn off.

Wonder why it states on that link for personal use only? is their a heavier duty frame mount? this mount was being used with a 8.5 ft v2 plow, not exactly what i would consider perosnal use plow :confused:

I can test fit it on my 01 to see if it will fit 99-02 trucks, i know it was on a 03-07 truk so clearly fits that just wanted to know mostly if it would also work on the 99-02 models. curious to what the diference is for this same mount to be used on a 2x4 truck or a cab and chassis 2 wd dually such as a small dump truck or flatbed truck?

6. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

It'll work on 99-02. It may stick out a couple more inches than normal is all.