1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount higher than 15-1/2 anyone?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mrwinter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. mrwinter

mrwinter Member
    from Boston

Dose anyone have their plow mount higher than 15-1/2 as stated in the owners manual?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can go about an inch higher than that but after that you being to have problems such as incorrect push frame height (causes excess trip) or poor cutting edge contact if your talking a vee since you run out of adjustment.

3. trycyber

trycyber Junior Member

I have had to do it on my F350 because of sag, but only an inch.

4. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

I have my plow frame almost 2.5" higher then the recomended high from boss. I actually had to make some filler pieces and support blocks to the frame to get it to sit at the height its at now.

My truck is lifted 6" during the summer months between the suspension and tires but in the winter time i put a set of stock rims and tires back on and it drops it down 2 inches or so and that keeps the frame the 2.5" higher then normal but i have never had an issue with plowing with it, it doesn't trip excessivly or anything like that and it scrapes really nice as well.

i will agree with B&B that if you have a V blade you need to stay within specs so that the plow will actually touch the ground.

I have an 8' super duty strait plow with no issues

5. mrwinter

mrwinter Member
    from Boston

Thank you all for your input.

:cry:I have an 8" trip edge that I got a complete setup I took off his truck and put on mine right now its at 19- 1/2 I went to lower it but he had cut off any more adjustment going to see how much I can drop it. I can get new plates for $80.00 a pop will see:cry:

6. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

If you need me to take some photos for you let me know i can do that and email them or post them up here for you, also i will get a measurement from the ground to the center of the eyelets for you also and post them up

7. mrwinter

mrwinter Member
    from Boston

M1nt thanks for your reply please let me know the center of your eyelets my email is ammoflor78@hotmail.com