1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mount help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dieselpusher, Oct 1, 2009.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

does anyone know the maximum ground to bumper height you can have to run a plow from this manufactuer.
    i have 24 inches from ground the bottom fairing of my 01 dodge ram 2500

can a plow work on this...

2. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

not sure but, 15 1/2 comes to my mind.

3. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

It all depends on the way it gets mounted, The plow mount needs to have the eyelet holes no more then 15 1/2" from the ground.

If you have the fairing at 24" from the bottom to the ground you will be fine, my fairing is a lot higher then that and to be honest with you i ended up snapping it while putting the plow on one night so just watch for clearance between those two

4. dieselpusher

so the plow mount can be 15 1/2 from the ground? and it will still hookup?

5. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

for a Boss it needs to be about 15 1/2 inches to the eye of the plow mount where the pin locks in if Im remembering correctly

6. dieselpusher

im still lost haha im sorry for the problems im just urking to get a new plow before winter

if it needs to be 15 1/2" how low does the acutal mount hang down

7. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

from the bottom of the mount to the ground im guessing would be like 11" or so and it is 15.5" from the ground to the big eye pin hole on the plow mount that actually site alittle higher then the bottom of mount dont know if this helps just my 2 sense I just finished installing all of mine so its fresh in my mind