1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount for a 95 GMC C3500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Duncan90si, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I'm looking for a Ultramount truck mount for a 1995 GMC 1 ton dually 2WD. Western apparently doesn't make one for my truck, they only make it for the 4x4s. They do make a 2WD mount in the Unimount setup but not in the Ultramount. Why, I don't know. Doesn't make much sense to me.

How much fabbing does it take to get the 4x4 Ultramount frame to work on my 4x2? Has anyone done this before? I've got the ability and tools to do it, but any insight or advice will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

They dont make the ultra-mount because the checy 2wd has squat for ground clearance. sorry!prsport

3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I have had way more problems with Unimounts being to low to the ground as opposed to Ultramounts.

I think the only Ultramount I have seen that was too low when the plow was lifted, was a friends 03 1500 Dodge with an 8.5' Western. After I cranked the TBs a little for him, it was fine.