1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Mount Fitting?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by SportyCS, Mar 1, 2011.

1. SportyCS

SportyCS Junior Member

Hello all!!
    I hope this seasons has been better for you than me!!

For starters I have 97 chevy k1500 with a meyer stp 7.5 plow. Now heres my delima.....well my transmission went out and I have decided to scrap the truck. I am now looking at a 2008 silverado. From what Ive been looking at, the classic "hoop" setup that I had on this truck, Meyer doesn't acknowledge anymore. So what I was wondering was what do you guys think the best/cheapest way would be to go......

Should i take the 88-98 mount to a shop and have them weld/screw it on?
    Or buy a new plow?? I know alot of you out there aren't meyer fans :) , but I can't really have new truck payments with new plow payments.....if that was the case it would have to snow year round ALL the time!!

Thats the only idea i have now. I am really kinda unsure of meyers current A frames and how they attach.

Please could you guys give me some insight on this?? Thanks!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

The EZ Classic only fits GM up to 2007. Why not get a truck a couple of years older than what you're looking at?

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Even if you get the mount to fit the new truck , you will still need some new wiring parts if you want the lights to work correctly.

My sugggestion is that if your truck is in good enough condition other than the transmission , have it rebuilt and keep on going with it . Or find a good used "Classic" body style , your mount and wiring will work on 88-98 (and 1999 &2000 "Classic" body style).

Just my .02

TOM

4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

14 yr old truck, probably a 14 year old plow, get a new plow and be done for a few years, I would take all the plow and parts off the 97 and try and sell them at a fair price.

5. SportyCS

SportyCS Junior Member

The truck itself has 173k on it, and it has been bandaged over and over again....its turning into a money pit. If i pay to get the trans rebuilt im looking upwards of 800, then on top of that its going to need tires....1000 with all that being said its almost seems wiser to start a car payemtn. THe plow it self is in great condition. I just had the e60 rebuilt with a new cutting edge on the blade.

I was looking at the 08 chevy cause its a good looking body style. Its one of those things, i would love to buy a new plow, but sh*t, im not made of money!

Does the classic fit on the older style body 07 or the new body style 07?

6. bradlewislawnca

bradlewislawnca Member

I took a smaller 6'8"meyers off a 88 ranger and had the frame custom set up for a 99 ranger 2 years ago. It still works today. Just took some heavy duty welding and ripping out all the wires and following the diagram you can get online to set it back up.

7. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

The EZ Classic does not fit the new body style 2007.

8. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I took a E 60 setup from a 97 ford 3/4 ton to a 04 chevy 3/4 ton. I knew the owner of the shop. Which helps. They had to modify the subframe and weld it to the truck. I know its unconventional but it can be done. Just have to inspect the welds on a regular basis, will try to send a pic

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Do you have a link for the wiring diagram 04 chevy 2500

10. bradlewislawnca

bradlewislawnca Member

11. NickT

NickT Senior Member