1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount as recovery point?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dRam2500CT, Jun 6, 2006.

1. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

I know it is not recommended and I think it actually says straight up in the Western manual not to use the plow mounts as a recovery location, but could they be safely used in case of emergency?

Don't get me wrong, I don't do any off roading or anything, but in winter months if I got in a hairy situation could I be slowed pulled by a strap hooked to either the plow or the plow mounts?

Rear would be my first attempt if a recovery is needed as I have a hitch back there, but I am just asking about the front as a just-in-case scenario.

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

they way i see it is steel is steel, bolts are bolts, and welds are welds...it don't matter if you push or pull on them...for emergencies i dont think it would hurt

3. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Ya, thats what I was thinking, thakns for the reply...everyone else has left for the summer.