1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount and ride height?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vamootsman, Dec 2, 2008.

1. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

My Truck rides about 2-3 inches higher after the plow was mounted, and the tires aren't riding evenly on the ground. What could have caused that? It's creating enough friction to take my mileage way down. I have 1995 Trooper with an ST 6'8" Plow. Used Plow but brand new mount.

Bruce

2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I need a map, as I am lost. How could your truck sit 2-3" than before, without any suspension mods? You said you got a new mount, are you sure it is he right one and it isn't catching somewhere on your suspension so your suspension isn't going all the way down? I believe you are defying the laws of physics LOL

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused::dizzy:
    Pictures????

Did they properly reattach the sway bar? did they use the 99100151 kit?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  4. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I took some pictures, but I need to find a place to put them to link them up to plowsite. I have no idea if they reattached the sway bar properly, since it all looks different now that the mount is there. I am definitely not imagining it though. The Truck sits higher in front than in the back now. I've even had 2 people ask me if what happened to it.

5. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

i use photobucket -dot- com. free. I have images on there taken from like 3 years ago I've forgotten about.

6. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

The Guy I get my salt from said he thinks they tightened the torsion bars up too tight. Is that possible?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't know your vehicle well enough to say. But if your truck has torsion bars that could be the case for sure.

8. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

It ended up being torsion bars tightened up too tight. The mechanic adjusted them halfway in between the normal ride height, and the too tall ride height, and now she handles better and only sits about 1 inch taller without the plow on. The down pressure works better now too, puts more weight on the plow now. Thanks for the responses