1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow mount and adapter question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Vtkory70, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Vtkory70

Vtkory70 Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of plow mount this is and if they make an adapter to convert it so you can you a different mounting system?

IMG_20160827_204205.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You gotta put up more pics

3. Vtkory70

Vtkory70 Junior Member

A couple more

IMG_20160827_215220.jpg

IMG_20160827_215541.jpg

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, what he said. Is it me. Or are the frames getting older instead of newer. I thought it was s medium duty. What is your specific question? How to mount it to s truck, or connect s plow to it?

5. Vtkory70

Vtkory70 Junior Member

I like to know if they make an adapter that hooks up to that plow mount so that i can use a different plow frame like one of these two

20160827_220224.png

IMG_20160827_220911.jpg

6. dieselss

Yea that medium duty will kill that Meyer a frame, unless your looking at a medium duty plow....

7. Vtkory70

Vtkory70 Junior Member

Is there an adapter i can use to hook up the medium duty plow to the plow frame i have on my truck?

8. dieselss

So you want an adapter to work with one plow, and another manufacturer.

Unless you make your own, there's nothing like that

9. bluevortec

bluevortec Junior Member

What you have is a QA hitch, you should be able to go to any medium or heavy truck up fitter and get a weld on QA loop and just add to your plow, also it looks like you hitch is set up to take a pin on plow also.

10. zraffz

zraffz Junior Member

That is a basic clamp jaw style plow that almost every municipal truck uses... They don't really impress me (a lot of horizontal play and as they wear with age, they don't do such a good job at latching the plow).