1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow motor stays running

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jman3624, Nov 21, 2013.

1. jman3624

jman3624 Junior Member

first off thanks for any help... i have western unimount plow on a 2002 chevy 2500 hd I just put this plow on .... I hook up both plow cables and its fine. I then toggle the controller (any direction) it dosent move and the motor stays running.. if I unhook the 9 pin cable and rehook it it resets any ideas????

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well look first at the underhood solenoid. Is it the "proper" type and how many wires are going to it?

3. jman3624

jman3624 Junior Member

it is the right solenoid... the plow power wire then positive cable to battery then the 2 small post on the solenoid have the 2 wires for the controller harness and a wire from one of the small post to neg side of battery

4. dieselss

Well what I would do next is remove the pos out to plow cable. Take your test light to that post and toggle the plow up,left,right and see if you have test light. If you light stays on when you release the clicker either solenoid is bad or wiring or clicker
    Is it a 4 stud solenoid?

5. jman3624

jman3624 Junior Member

yes 2 big post 2 little post

6. dieselss

Ok. Then try that test I mentioned. You can also prob the posts for pwr and gnd