1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow mont identification??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by m.$terner, Aug 18, 2011.

1. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Hey guys. recently picked up a truck ,its a mid to late 80's ford f350. Theres what i believe to be a plow mount under the bumper. Im not 100% sure thats what it is but thats what It looks like to me. nothing ive ever seen but hoping maybe someone can identify it.Id like to sell it but obviously must first know what it is and fits. If theres any questions just ask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd guess part of a Meyer

3. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

Im assuming its part of the mount for the a-frame to swivel on but I see no upright or hoop to lift and drop the blade itself. Doesnt look like the bumper is pushed out far enough for anything to have been behind it either.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe they put the bumper back when they removed the mount parts.

5. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

true. I guess they could have done that.Im gonna take a closer look at it today and ill see if i see anything else that might indicate that. As it is do you think the bottom half is worth anything by itself?

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

old school stuff there. meyers i am thinking also.. but ya missing some upper stuff.

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely Meyer! Had one on a 78 GMC. I dare you to show us the rest of the truck, if the plow mount is "The valuable part."

8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

either meyers or western. that part by itself is really not worth anything unless you find someone with a bent one.

9. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

its a ford with a reading utility box and a diesel motor. It was bought for scrap.every extra dollar counts.never said the mount was "the valuable part", just curious if it was worth a few dollars. No reason to be rude about it.Thanks anyways