1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow modifications done

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by oldmankent, Dec 10, 2006.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

For now that is. Extended the height of the plow so my aframe would sit level. Where the old cutting edge would be I put in a piece of 1/4" x7" steel. I welded bracing to the back of it and the underside of the plow frame. then I installed a new poly edge on the 7" piece. Plow height is now at 28" instead of 24". Haven't had a chance to test my welds out in the snow yet, but my fingers are crossed. Now I have to start thinking about the wings. Optical illusion, the plow feet are hanging way in the air and will probably be taken off.

2. starc

starc Senior Member

Beautiful work, very nice :)
  3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Nice clean job. Good luck with it.
  4. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Looks good, hope it holds well for you, it should though.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't been welding very long, so there are some good welds and some not so good welds on the thing. I'm not worried though. I have a feeling that it is way overbuilt. 10 braces in all over 8'. Only thing I'm worried about is the u edge is set up to hang down 2 1/4" past the steel and the extra leverage on the trip springs. Hopefully everything will go ok.