1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Melt-Down

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by procut, Mar 4, 2008.

1. procut

procut Senior Member

Ok, here is the story. '95 Chevy w/ Western Uni-Mount.

I had a relay go bad, and cause the motor to run continuesly. By the time I realized this, the ends of the cables on both the truck side and the plow side had melted.

I went to the dealer, bought the two new cables and a new relay, came home slapped them on qucik and still nothing. Today, I get into the truck to take it to the Western dealer to have it fixed, and it will not start, despite the fact that both batteries are full charged. All I hear is a clicking sound when the key is turned. I have a hard time beliveing the starter would have gone out, becasue it was replaced about one year ago. I checked, battery connections, and they seem good and tight.

Is there something I could have done when changing the cables and relay that could have shorted something out ect. that would cause this. Any suggestions would be great!

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

3. procut

procut Senior Member

^ What is that supposed to mean?

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

try jumping the starter just to get it to the dealer...

5. procut

procut Senior Member

Got it figured out, bad ground.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That'll do it!