1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow markers

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Dublin Plow, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Wondering if anyone has has same problem.....I bought new plow markers this year for two of the three plows....the "commercial" markers, flo-orange ones, 28 inches tall. The stock ones were fine but thought that putting these on would help the operator and for visibility of other drivers when cruising down the road with a 9-6 XV hanging out there.
    So the 1st two storms rolled through right after Christmas and 3 of the 4 caps that over the top of the hollow tube markers go missing. The remaining one slidesthe on and of with ease...I have since glued it to the post. I would think caps are there to keep from ice build up inside the post...
    The supplier does not have replacement caps...

I sent an email to Fisher with no response..yet.

Anyone have extra caps..or same issue and had resolution thru Fisher..?

Does anyone from Fisher monitor this site? Or does anyone have a direct email so I can avoid the "general" mailbox?

Thanks.

2. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Hi Dublin,

My name is Jeff and I work for Fisher. We are currently in the process of trying to get just some emergency replacement caps from our supplier. The caps and the plow guides are not separate part numbers and are sold as a set. I will try to keep you posted on the results of this process. Thanks for plowing with Fisher.

3. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Thanks kopper ...hopefully soon ...send a PM if needed.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Get a set of markers that the plow usually comes with,not the orange ones they look out of place on those plows

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i buy 5 sets a yr off the orange guides a yr but the are buyers same thing realy i glue them on right out of the box i think buyers use to sell just the caps

6. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

I used rubber vacuum caps from the auto parts store you can get them in different sizes and paint them to match