1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow markers on blade with boss wings????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bowtie_guy, Jan 21, 2012.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Previously I've been doing big parking lots so I never removed my wings. All locations were on the same road so angled blade and went.

This year i'm doing a few driveways for a buddy as he is gone to get married and what not. I removed my wings but would like plow markers on my 8' blade. The brakets for the wings block the factory holes for the markers and even if i drilled them out the thicker section that locks the wing is in the way.

So i'm wondering if anyone who has placed markers on their blade could post up or explain how they added markers.

Thanks a bunch!!

Forgot to say, after all these years having just the 8' blade is crazy small. haha
    9'2" for next year. :D

2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Buy an extra set of markers and place them on the plow side wing latches, Boss has even drilled them for you. You might have to put them on the inside of the latches depending on how your wings hit.

J.

3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I'll have to have a look tomorrow but i don't see any holes on the braket for markers...
    Will look in the daylight!

4. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

I hear ya. After working next to a 9'2" VXT last night, I will upgrade to one. Very impressive. I will have to upgrade the truck also Thumbs Up

5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Went and had a look. I deffinatly don't have pre drilled holes on my plow side wing latches.
    By any chance if you have wings could you snap a pic for me?

Maybe they updated them to have holes at some point like they did with the blades.

6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have had 10 sets of boss wings since 2006, and every one has been pre-drilled.

Here are pics of my 09 7'6 wit Boss wings. Cell pics, so not all that great.

This is the same wing latch on all my plows and we just put another one together on thursday.

J.

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

7. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Seems I bought my plow too early and the wings too early. lol.

I had to drill the holes for my wing brakets and turns out they didn't come with the marker mounting peices either.

I got a pic of what they are so went out and used cardboard to trace out what I need to make it similar. Neighbour manages a welding shop so going to see if he can cut it out for me. :)

EDIT- mine deff don't have that section, i'll get a pic and post later. :(

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Just couple cell phone pics as well but can see no extended tab area for markers to go. :realmad:

IMG-20120122-00093.jpg

IMG-20120122-00094.jpg

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Yeah.. Yours are one piece mounts as well, must be older than mine are.

Good luck.

J.

10. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Strange I have wings from when they weren't publicly released to now & they all have the lips & holes for the guides

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's an MSC08042 and the superseded MSC08042B. The revised B wings have the extras for blade guide attachment.