1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow manufactures for a Jeep Unlimmited

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Currinson, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Currinson

Currinson Junior Member

Does anyone know a manufacturer that makes a plow for a 2005 Jeep Wrangler unlimmited. I called fisher today and they will only put a plow on a Jeep wrangler 4 cyl, not on a 6 cyl. Kinda strange. I have alos contacted Curtis but have not heard anything back. Do you guys know of any one else?

Thanks
    Erick

2. computeruser

computeruser Junior Member

Any plow that can physically be mounted to a TJ can be mounted to an Unlimited. Fisher, Meyer, Western, SnoWay, Curtis, Blizzard, and undoubtedly others, can be affixed to your vehicle. The manufacturers don't encourage it, but who cares?

Obviously it will be necessary to beef up the front end (Old Man Emu HD springs, Timbrens, Airbags, whatever) whatever plow you choose to use. The 4cyl/6cyl distinction is simply a function of the springs being so darned soft, I'd guess. Heck, you can't even mount a winch (~100lbs plus mount plate) without installing a 3/4" coil spacer and/or using stiffer/taller springs. Recognize that whatever plow you choose, spring changes in the front will be necessary and there is a great liklihood that Jeep will not be pleased and will void substantial portions of your warranty.

In a perfect world, I'd run a HD OME 2" lift (plus .75" spacer in the front to level things out) and 31s (31x10.50-15 or 215/85-16) on a vehicle like yours for plowing duty. I suspect you'd be quite pleased with it.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Curtis will put a plow on most anything so you should not have a problem there. As Currinson said, you could also put a Fisher and almost any other 6'5"-7' (or Blizzard 7'2") plow on your jeep. The mounts would bolt up. The reason Fisher will only fit the 4 cyl is that the weight of the engine is less them the 6 cyl. Which gives you more weight to add without going over FAGWR. I would use Airbags to beef up the front end, Timbrens make Jeeps ride much rougher, I had them on my Cherokee but have since pulled them and am having airbags installed come fall. Timbrens are ok on other trucks but just seem to stiffen the ride too much on Jeeps.