1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Manf's will not sell me plow??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LuXoPlOw, Dec 1, 2005.

1. LuXoPlOw

LuXoPlOw Junior Member

Newbie here although have been reading forum for about a week.

I have what I thought would be the ultimate plow rig but found out today only ONE of the plow manufacturers will sell me a plow for it.

Western, BOSS, Fisher say they cannot sell me a plow for my: 2000 F350 Lariat LE Dually CC 7.3.

Few quick stats

I purchased this truck for pulling my 32' Gooseneck Show Car Trailer

B&B Exhaust
    Banks Trans Command
    Gear Vendors Under/Overdrive
    Custom Towing Converter
    Camper Package with 5200 fnt 8250 gvrw package

I have 1400lbs of sand in rear of box at tailgate
    4.30 Posi
    4x4 with offroad package
    Just went out yesterday and spent nearly a grand on tires to plow with!!

They are all telling me it will not handle one of their plows?
    They say the plow will tear up the truck?
    Maybe its the plow that will not handle it?
    If you go onto their web sites the box will not pop down for this truck. Yet when I call them they say the WILL put it on my 00' Excursion with a front of 4300 rear 5250

I made a trip this summer pulling total of 26,000lbs! they say towing a large amt is not the same as hanging a plow off front? I understand the weight of plow is way out there but I have 1400lbs of sand behind rear axle!

Anyone that has experience with this setup?

I am supposed to meet with the Blizzard plow rep today but have had a very hard time getting a call back from him.

The other local Blizzard dealers have been bad mouthing the Blizzard and a few have said they quit selling them.

Help!!!!!!!!

I also have the 00 Excursion but do not think it would fair well with a plow on it. Also have a cherry 95 F250 7.5L but its a super nice low mile cream puff that has not seen the snow.

we have gotten 3 storms here in last two days and another biggie will be here today. its just too much for my little JD garden tractor and 44" blade.

I have a black top road to my home thats about 1000' Long and a pretty large driveway thats also all cement and blacktop. Would also like to plow out neighbors.

OK OK I know its a 22' school bus but all are large lots and tons of room to move around.

There is also road at end of black top thats gravel and about a 1/4-3/8 mile long neighbors would have me plow

Its a private road so does not get plowed otherwise

I can post aerial pics if need be. This is mostly about the truck.

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

a 2000 F-350 Dually, assuming it's a 4x4 then there are plows that will fit it...the only reason I can think of is that maybe it does not have a snow plow prep package on it.

3. I would say its due to the weight of the diesel engine. Alot of trucks with the diesel engine get disqualified from plows due to the combined weight of the two is heavier than the front axle can handle.

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

It is the Combo of the Diesel and the Crew Cab that the plow Manufactures say is a no no :nono:

What I would do is take the truck down to the scales and see how much the front axle actually weighs with no ballast in the back, full talk of fuel... then but the ballast in there and see what the front axle weighs... Then take both numbers and add the weight of the plow and see if you are below the FAWR. If so you should be good to go :yow!:

5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Buy used! Nobody is going to refuse to sell to you.

6. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I have a 99 F350 Dually Crew Cab with a 7.3L Powerstroke. I have the snowplow package and have no problem with my 8.5 Western.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well just do this. Buy a blizzard 810 (the only plow you will ever want to buy) cash and carry. Then install it yourself.

OR

Take the truck to Jerre's (AKA Blizzard GOD) and he will mount a blizzard up for you.

8. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I Second that^ If the blizzard dealer will mount the plow you want, then there ya go, your truck with handle a large plow just fine. If not, then either pick what plow you want and hook everything up yourself. If your mechanically inclinded you can do it.

9. LuXoPlOw

LuXoPlOw Junior Member

Blizzard Plows

Thanks all for the reply's. I have been in contact with my local Blizzard dealer (approx 200 miles away) for last couple weeks. Called him on his cell early this morning as was not returning any of my calls. (his cell was given to me by owner of Blizzards son)

I was to meet him approx 50miles away to pick up a plow but he did not call. Will not even return my messages even though he acknowledeged getting them.

Blizzard was only dealer who would put plow on truck or sell me one when I told them what it was going on.

There are no dealers in spokane just the distributor about 200 miles away. Next closest one is in Idaho which is 4-500 miles away and that dealer said he will no longer sell them as had problems with poor service to repair. He now only sells Boss plows.

Mowerpan, I am sure if I told you my last name it would be familiar. I am from Ishpeming originally. Know a few folks in Escanaba. Do they still hold races at fairgrounds during fair? My brother was pretty well known with his race cars there and at Sands Speedway.

And yes who asked I am quite capable of installing plow myself. Have fully equiped heated shop with hoist etc.

I restore Muscle cars as a hobby & own a few.

For now my JD Lawn Mower with 44" blade is what I have been using to plow myself, the long road and a bit at 3 neighbors. Works pretty good once I put chains on it but not quite like sitting in a heated cab and spending a few minutes vs hours. 8.4 hrs to plow road 4 times my driveway 4 times and neighbor once. Road is 20' wide & 950 to 1000' long. My lot is approx 2/3 acre, Neighbors approx 1/3-acre. (plow area, lots are 5 acres) His drive way's are approx 230' & 150'.

I was pretty set on picking up a Blizzard 810 but now after this service not too sure. When there are no dealers in town and the nearest distributor is 200 miles away and does not return phone calls makes you wonder.

The owners of Blizzard know a lot of my family on mothers side as she grew up in Calumet.

Will try to contact Nearest Blizzard distributor again in morning to see if there is a explanation why no contacts. Its now looking like no Blizzard 810 like planned.

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Blizzard weigh more than most other plows or is the 810 not a power wing model? Had you considered a lighter model like a Fisher Homesteader or something like it? Or how about a Snowman or a Daniels pull plow? They come in up to 8 1/2' widths with trip edge and hydraulics.
    http://www.snowmansnowplow.com/content/view/7/25/

11. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

12. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

What's the difference between camper package and snowplow prep package? As far as I know they pretty much consist of auxiliary coolers and beefed up suspension, right?
    For what little plowing you plan to do, I don't see where it matters. Just get a plow that is wide enough. A dually pickup is 8 feet wide at the rear fenders, so you are going to want a 9 footer or an 810, or your rear wheels will be in the snow all the time.

13. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

most dealers will put the plow on if you sign a waiver