1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow maintenance

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MidcoastMainiac, Dec 25, 2010.

1. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Who pulls their plows off their truck to go over everything in between storms?
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

not me....service them in the fall and besides looking them over and greasing when needed I leave them alone till winter is over
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I do the same as hydro 37, I clean and inspect after ever storm.
  4. Lsanzerr

Lsanzerr Junior Member

Clean and Inspect x3
  5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

There should be no reason to go over them every time you plow, unless your plowing 50mph over stone parking lots, beating the crap out of your stuff. I 4th what the others say. Wash after each plow. Touch up Fluid Film on them, and grease when needed, and call it good.
  6. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Agree with all of the rest-clean and grease in between storms.
  7. equip guy

equip guy Member

I clean, grease, ck hardware, hoses, connectors. and brackets. What the hell if I'm done with it and there is nothing comming in soon, then I have NO excuse when a hose blows, or a weld failed when I had down time. I'm not one of those "if it aint broke don't fix" types. Time is money, If it breaks during a storm then what?