1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Maintenance Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RUJusten, Dec 11, 2013.

1. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

What end of season maintenance would one need to do to a plow before putting it away for the season? Also, what beginning of season maintenance needs to occur before using a plow for the winter season? Thanks in advance!

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Each type of plow requires plow specific maintenance, you should be able to go to the manufacture’s website and download an owner’s manual for your plow.
    I’d suggest you start there, read the manual and then seek additional advice/input.

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Change the oil, oil up anything that moves and put it away in a nice dry dark place. :) I just put it on the truck and go.

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

x 2 ... Was going to say the same thing and add that when you change the fluid clean out the filter.

5. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Awesome - thanks so much guys! I'm trying to learn as much as possible and this site has been absolutely great! Thanks again!