1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lock

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sir spaniourd, Oct 15, 2005.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

anybody knows any device than can be used to lock the plow while not in use?

2. danno

danno Senior Member

What some guys do is put a lock on the adjustable foot in the down position. Won`t foolproof the plow, but if someone drives away, at least the foot will cause some noise hitting the ground.

3. chevyshovelin

chevyshovelin Junior Member

what i did was pulled out the hack saw and cut the stock and inserted a long neck master lock from the yellow pull handle

4. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

If someone really wants it, it's probably gone.

I have a fisher that I lock up by folding the head gear back towards the blade til it hits. Then use the lift chain to go through the main pivot and back up to itself on the lift gear. I use a padlock to shorten the chain thus changing the angle of the receivers. They would have to cut the chain or lift the whole blade assembly on my x-blade to insert it into a fisher push plate system. This is just a deterent and won't affect real thieves.

5. pjl400

pjl400 Junior Member

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I plan on drilling a hole in the lift frame's pocket on one side next to the pin and running a "L" shaped rod through it with a padlock on the inside such that one pin cannot be pulled out to allow hookup. A hardened rod (really hardened) and a security padlock should do the trick.

7. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

park a car/truck in front of it, or put it in an area really hard to get to. On top of a shed/trailer works if you have a forklift/bob cat.

Otherwise, they will take it no matter what locks.

8. dave6251

dave6251 Junior Member

I run a 9.6 xtream v, after taking off truck push head gear forward, take up all slack in chain on one side of lift point and lock chain on long side with an 'abus' round pad lock so chain can not be put back to center, this has worked for me for 4 years. good luck!
    dave

9. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member