1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lites

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nathan11507, Dec 28, 2010.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Okay when i got my plow that is used the light harness was all a mess and instead of getting a new one i wired them seperatley and used a a lighted toggle switch to turn them on and off when i want now lately im poppin the fuse like crazy. I have the power coming from the fuse panel inside the motor compartment its a 2002 avalanche 2500. I bought the fuse holder with the wire coming out of it. What is the proper fuse amp i should use its poppin a 30 amp should i go higher?

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

sounds to me like you need to add relays! Is this something that just started happening? If so, I would look for a pinched wire or bad ground , there must be a reason for it to just start happeining. Either way I would wire in some relays.You may have burned the inside of the swithch. I just wired mine, a lighted toggle to turn on the power to the high and low , each has it's own relay. they are also fused.