1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by masonjason, Feb 11, 2010.

1. masonjason

masonjason Junior Member

I have 4 trucks with meyer plows and I can not keep a set of lights in them. All of them are light sabers with 9003 halogen bulbs. This is the first year it has been a real problem didn't know if this is a common problem.
    Thanks for any help!
    Jason

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

could you be more specific on the problem? if your burning up bulbs it is a bad ground more than likely.

3. IApushn

IApushn Junior Member

I have read on here that there are a LOT of problems with these lights. I have a set and currently have a new pair ordered (different lights) because they have cracked and keep letting moisture in and blowing the bulbs. I have tried to seal them to no avial so they are getting replaced. Besides this problem I (along with others as it sounds) have problems with them staying aligned and they aren't bright enough.

I have heard that the Saber II lights are tons better but couldn't bring myself to spend the $300 for the pair so I bought some square lights from NortherTool for $100.

4. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

i know they've had problems wiht lens covers falling off and the biggest problem is the single bolt that holds it. they slip when you try to loosen/tighten the lights and since the top is sealed and you cant hold the head, you stuck. my plow is is 2 1/4 year old and they are doing it. my other plow was 2 yrs and 1 month and the lens covers popped off.

5. masonjason

masonjason Junior Member

Most of them will just explode! Maybe a moisture issue?

6. IApushn

IApushn Junior Member

I finally got my aftermarket lights and they are a little bigger but they work 10x better. The low beams are brighter than the highs were with the sabers. So far I am much happier with these than the others if anyone is interested.

7. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have a pair on Sabers on mine and they sux. I can't see much with them. What ones did you order to replace yours?

8. masonjason

masonjason Junior Member

I went to my local truck supplier and got a set of Grote universal Plow lights.
    Make sure you match up your wiring diagrams! I learned the hard way and blew two of Meyers modules cost $130 to replace them .Now good to go. White on Meyers is low beam everybody else is Ground I think they do it on purpose. Just be careful because if you wire one wire wrong it will blow the module.Good Luck!!
    They cost apox. $100

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  9. IApushn

IApushn Junior Member

I got mine from NorthernTool.com They were $100 plus shipping. I didn't price them but know that NAPA has universal lights, too.

I am REALLY happy with the ones from Northern. The lows are twice as bright as the high beam on the Saber.