1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EIB, Oct 30, 2002.

1. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Hi Guys,

Just found this site. I like it.
    I just transfered my Western MVP from my 2000 F250SD to my New 2003 F350SD. I have one problem. My plow lights do not switch on, when I plug the harness in. The plow works fine. I changed the two relays and no change. I jumped the wires to the lights and they work. Anybody have this problem before?

Thanks for the help.

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Somethings wrong in the wiring, truck side.
    When I plug my MVP in, the truck lights cut out & switch over to the plow. Do your truck lights stay on?

3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Yes, The truck lights stay on, will not switch to plow lights. I have jumped the relays and can get the plow light to work. There is a brown wire that goes to both relays, that needs to send power to the relays in order for the relays to work, but I don't know were it suppose to get it's power from.

4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Power For Relays

You need to tap the brown wire into the park light circuit so that power is supplied when you turn your lights on. The ground is picked up when you plug in the harness to the the plow,turning the relays on.:rolleyes: John

5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys:waving:

I started to think were they pick up the parking light circuit. It was a poor connection at the LF marker light. Fix that and the plow lights work.:D