1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Lights

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by WildRidge, Oct 1, 2006.

1. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

Here's the deal, the truck went in last winter to the collision shop and I think they tampered with the plow lights. Last time I hooked up to the 25D the parking lights and turn signals on the plow worked but no high or low beams. Now the headlights on the truck and parking lights on the plow all come on when the plow is hooked up. Any ideas what could be causing the high and low beams to not work on the plow? Could it be a bad relay?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Is the harness attached to the headlights? Some time body shop remove the harness adapters for the lights not knowing what they are or how to deal with them. If everything is plugged in let me know what truck it is year, model and manufacturer.

3. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

On the drivers side I found two ruber boots that looks like the two spare headlight connectors that would plug into the rubber boots. On the passenger side all I found was the two spare head light plugs. The passenger side doesn't look normal because it looks like they might have cut and used a splice boot to get everything hooked up to get it to operate the truck lights. The truck is a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take it to your Snoway dealer. A knowledgeable eye needs to look at it.

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sounds like they plugged in factory light harness into the bulbs, common mistake. The body shop didn't label what they took off. Happens all the time.

6. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

basher, Would it be possible for you to send me a schematic for the wiring and also the relay? My email is Joe@corbinridge.com

7. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Hey Basher,

Since talking about lights I got a new 26 series as I already told you about.But the other night I took plow off my truck and put the wires in the grill zip tied them up and was going crazy:dizzy: out of my mind trying to get my headlights on my truck to come on after the plow was off then I finally figured out to plug the light wires to the plow together and they came on.Is this how it is suppose to be hooked up? I was just always use to other plows that when you unhooked your plow lights the headlights just popped on.

Thanks
    RCGM
    BRAD

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's right. You have the EIS (electrical interruption system) no switches or relays you plug to ends tether for truck lights plug them into the plow for plow lights. no switches to flip, no relays to replace, it's so simple nobody ever thought of it before.:waving: