1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snow blind, Jan 20, 2006.

1. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

Just wondering do these plows have a high and low beem had to plug them all in on my 96 chevy but when I hit my high beems I get pitch black and can't see a thing and low beam adjusted properly just isnt enough some times anybody know about this or encounted it in the past and how can it be fixed? thanks alot folks for any imput.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

check to see if your relay is wired correctly. make sure the numbers on the wires coincide with the numbers on the relay. Let us know what happens.

3. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

there where not any relays all direct connect thats what gets me confused and there was only one way to connect the high and the low beem as they have slots to fit either high or low beem so cant connect high to the low or the low to the high.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How old is this unit. Did a dealer install it? If it's not a brand new this year unit then it's got to have a relay.

5. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

It's brand new nov.05 and I installed it thats why I am confused plugged every plug in and all work except high beam. so Yes there are no relays pretty simple hook up and self explanatory so wonder if filimint is just a single stage bulb and just needs to be replaced with a double filimint?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

On both the plow and the truck? could be a bad adaptor if it's done this from day one. Check to see if there's power from the adaptor.

7. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

They are double filament bulbs.
    There should be a relay for the lights. The relay that was mentioned doesn't look like a relay. It is just a block with a bunch of terminals on it.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If this is the new EIS system there is no relay. The only thing that can be wrong is,
    the plugs are not set right
    the adaptor is bad or wrong
    the harness is no good.

9. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

It is the new eis system so I would have to go with bad harness. All connections matched up with the light sockets so I believe its the correct harness just no good I gues but will test all before replacing. Thanks for all the input.

10. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

Well tested all wires and found that the high beam wire voming from the truck has power but when plugged in there is not a wire on the plow side to recieve the power so question is are there differant model lights some just one beam and another with both high and low? Called where I purchaced it and the guy wont be in till monday so thought I would try and get a head start. Thanks guys

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There are three differant adaptors for your truck depending on the style headlights take the truck go to the dealer, they should be able to look at it and give you the right kit.

12. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

Found out that chevy 88 to 2000 have same set up but 2001 &2002 had differant ones and they gave me the wrong set of plow light, will be getting right ones monday thanks for the help. bob