1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Lights Work (Kinda)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BigDBoots, Nov 11, 2014.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Fellas,

Cleaned up my plow and plugged everything up and I have plow lights, kinda. My Nigh Saber 2's indicators turn on and light up but only the left turn will blink, no right. Plus my head lamps will not turn on as well. I cleaned my grounds up and applied Ox-Gard, checked all fuses….. and I am at a loss. I am slowly learning electric so bear with me.

Any help is appreciated

Eric

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

First, where do you plow lights get their gnd? Start there

3. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

I have them grounded up behind my head lights with my modules, I cleaned them up and put some ox gard on them

4. dieselss

So, your plow lights have a separate wire grounding out each light, going from the harness to where?

5. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

If I am reading you correctly, no. My plow lights receive ground via the blk wire from the B Module. I have attached a photo of my set up, the screw below the modules is my ground.

image.jpg

6. dieselss

Ok, try and run a separate gnd wire to the plow lights and see what happens.

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

check the bulbs. they are very fragile.
    i usually have to replace at least 3 bulbs every year on the 5 plow trucks.

8. rocklandls

rocklandls Junior Member

Play around with the main electrical plug..twist and turn while plugged in

9. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Hey Fellas,

My power wire lost its insulation then corrosian ate two inches of copper inside the insulation.... Trick to finding was that it was the first few inches into the engine bay from the fire wall