1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights/truck lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 04HDBoss, Jan 5, 2008.

1. 04HDBoss

04HDBoss Junior Member

My 2004 2500HD has this problem I think! When you turn down the dimmer switch for the interior lights the plow lights go off and the truck lights come on. Is this normal? My Boss plow was installed by the Boss Dealer.. just wondering if they did something wrong.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No it's not normal...well, it is if it's wired wrong LOL.

They have the power wire for the plow harness connected to the wrong power source in the under dash connector box..they must have connected it to the interior light circuit

Here a diagram showing where you want to connect it... now theirs 2 pins circled in red in this diagram and you'll need to see which of the two is only powered in the "run" and "accessory" key position but one of them will be.

Mid Buss.JPG

3. 04HDBoss

04HDBoss Junior Member

Thanks B&B I fixed them.. don't know how exactly thought that was hooked the way that I took it off who knows, they work now thats all that matter