1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights replacement help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ryan J, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Ryan J

Ryan J Junior Member

I joined up just to ask this question and am glad I joined, there's a lot of useful info on this site. I run a 8.5 Hiniker V plow on my 06 F350 (bought the truck used, and it came with it, so no comments please). Ever since I got it, the plow lights are HORRIBLE, I can't see crap with them on. They are the old style square lights (like on an old pickup). At first I noticed they were mounted upside down, and put them right side up (if there is such a thing) and it got worse. I replaced three of the missing rubber seats for the lights, and even bought new lights. Nothing. The high beams shine about 10 feet in front of the front bumber and the low's about 25 feet. The plow mount that the lights are on seem damn straight, and no, I can only adjust the lights from left to right, not up and down.Thinking of buying a set of the newer style lights, or getting a set of Piaa's and putting on the mount. As of right now, I use the truck lights 99% of the time and drive with the plow low to the ground. I'd like to get this fixed ASAP cause I'm sure new lights are cheaper then a new cutting edge.
    Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

Ryan

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. fordpusher

fordpusher Member
    from mass

i installed the silver star head lights in mine. they are much brighter and only about 15 bucks

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you can get aftermarket replacement lights much cheaper than name brand. pretty easy to hook up if you know wiring.