1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Lights Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2dogs2, Jan 27, 2008.

1. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

I bought a 89 Full sized Blazer w/ Cable mounted plow. The Plow lights only work when I click the highbeam switch, and then they are only low beams. When I click the high beams off the low beams on the truck only work.

Is that normal or is it not wired properly ??

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Somethings not right. I'm guessing that it has a toggle switch someplace in the cab to switch from the truck lights to the plow lights? More than likely, that switch is wired wrong.

3. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

Don't know but I wish I could get a wiring diagram for it .:cry:

4. panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

possibly the relays are wired wrong if this has the light relays setup

5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Check all your connections where the plow wiring harness taps into the trucks headlight/parking light wires. Move the various wires gently with it set so the truck lights on and watch for it to change to the plow lights as you hit the faulty connector . Sounds like a weak/corroded ground connection. If the truck has the dimmer switch on the floor you might check it too. Corrosion in there might cause it, but I suspect it is up by the headlights where it taps in.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

7. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

Thanks ...:waving: