1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frogman, Jan 21, 2004.

1. frogman

frogman Member
    from MD

I have a small problem and maybe someone has a quick answer. I have a 97 Dodge 2500 with a Meyer C8/EZ mount (with saber lights). When the headlights are on (vehicle or plow lights) and I turn on the left turn signal, the plow lights and headlghts alternate on/off with the turn signal.

I've checked all the wiring/connections for something obvious but havn't come up with anything yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. noclevername

noclevername Member

That's usually a sign of a poor ground. Check for corrosion in your connectors. Also check the area between your plow lights and mounting tab, that's usually how the lights are grounded. Clean them and use liberal amounts of dielectric grease.

3. frogman

frogman Member
    from MD

Thank you for the direction. It was a grounded wire to the vehicle headlight. Now folks won't think I'm "flashing 'em", when turning left.
    Bob