1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PLow lights not working

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Fuzz85, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Fuzz85

Fuzz85 Junior Member

I have a 2002 F-250 with the Sabar lights. All wireing and fuses are good. I have power to the toggle switch but I have no lights. When I turn the truck lights on the only think I have is the running lights on the plow. All lights work fine on the truck. I can not figure out why I don't have the plow head lights. My next guess would be that both Light modules are bad!!! Any Ideas????

Thanks

2. ispperformance

ispperformance Junior Member

I had this problem happen to me slowly over the past two seasons. First check your main harness and make sure there is no corrosion and its plugged in all the way. Second pull the plugs on the light modules and look for corrosion. Both of my modules are now junk because the pins on the module and harness plugs corroded. I should have cleaned these yearly and added new dielectric grease.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Disconnect the middle connector plug on each of the modules and test the orange wire for 12V with the toggle flipped to the plow light position and the ignition switch on. Should have 12V there..

Next check the black wire in the same connector plug for a good ground.

If you have both of those then the modules are shot....or a long shot- both the bulbs in the plow lights are blown.

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i will second the blow bulbs .every year i need to replace at least 1 bulb on each of the 4 trucks that have the lights permanently mounted

5. Fuzz85

Fuzz85 Junior Member

If the modules are bad will I have power at the lights. I am going to test the lights and see if that is the problem

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the orange wire right at the modules you will if both the ignition is on and the toggled is flipped to the plow light position....

And yes, if the modules are bad you will not have power at the plow lights if you check them right at the lights with a test light.