1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights not working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SuperDuty, Dec 6, 2007.

1. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

When I plug the lights in they don't come on, but the directionals do work! Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem maybe???

2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Tighten up your ground wire on the plow, and make sure theres nothing inside your plugs. Check and grease your connections well.
  3. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I have the same problem got lights only when switched to high beam. I have a similar tread on this. A couple of my replies said to flip the light connection over?? It's in the chevy forum under Help NBS with fishers
  4. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Checked the ground connection(GOOD), cleaned out the plugs(GOOD), and put in new grease and they still won't switch on????
  5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Is this an Isolation module or relay set up?
  6. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Pretty sure I have modules under the hood!!! I've cleaned them too, which may mean I have a bad one?
  7. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Fast way to determine if truck or plow is at fault

Super Duty, Connect large power cord and solanoid cord to truck. clean of the face of the truck side lighting harness. you will see ### on the pin connections. using a small piece of wire jump female pin #2 to Female pin #7. This will complete the ground circuit, telling the E-Force box to switch the lights from truck to plow. The headlights ground thru the lighting harness and the run/dir lights ground thru the power cord. Try it and get back to me. MOXIE
  8. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Grabbed our mechanic from work yesterday, and found a white wire broken that provides power to the cube relay to make the lights switch. I would have repaired it but the original installer buried the module to where you can't get at it. I just made a jumper and jumped the green and yellow wires, which switched the lights. Taking it back Sat. to have them look at it!!!