1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights not working properly

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cattails33, Jan 24, 2015.

1. cattails33

cattails33 Junior Member

Hi...new to the site and wondering if someone can help. I have a problem with my 2003 Chevy Suburban K2500 with a Western Ultra Mount plow. Plow headlights only work briefly when I unlock the truck with the remote FOB then they go out. I have a 12 pin relay system and wondering if I should replace all the relays. Turn signals work properly only problem is with the headlights not working. Does anyone know where I can get a detailed wiring schematic? Not sure if someone worked on the truck and screwed up the wires.
    Chuck:confused: ussmileyflag

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A lot of plows have a separate switch for the plow lights, did you turn them on along with the stock head light switch?

Next the fuse.

Bad pin in the plug.
    Loose ground or hot

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. cattails33

cattails33 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I have never seen a separate switch, but I will check again as well as the fuses and the pins in the connections. Thanks.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Westerns don't use a switch....anymore...
    How many relays do you have

5. cattails33

cattails33 Junior Member

I can see 7 relays in the wire area. 3 together and another 4 together

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

7. cattails33

cattails33 Junior Member

Thanks again for the info. I will try to figure it out and determine if the wiring is correct.